Correction: A previous version of this story mistakenly stated that Modern Market Eatery was next to Dottie’s Boutique. The eatery occupies the same space where Dottie’s once operated.
A “farm-fresh” eatery has officially opened its doors in Prairie Village.
Modern Market Eatery marked its grand opening at the Corinth Square shopping complex this week.
Modern Market Eatery operates at 4046 W. 83rd St.
- The restaurant moved into a space at Corinth Square, neighboring BRGR Kitchen + Bar on the southern end of the retail complex.
- Home goods store Growing Days, a retail outlet founded by TV home remodeling host Tamara Day, previously occupied the space before it closed earlier this year.
- Modern Market Eatery operates from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. seven days a week.
Modern Market Eatery serves “scratch-prepared” casual fare
- The restaurant specializes in fast-casual food with a healthier slant.
- Their menu includes sandwiches, soups, salads and bowls — such as blueberry pesto sandwiches, jerk tuna salads and curry salmon bowls.
- In addition to lunch items, Modern Market Eatery also offers “sweet treats” like waffles and gluten-free cookies.
This is Johnson County’s first Modern Market
- It’s also the first in the wider Kansas City metro for the Colorado-based company.
- Across state lines, there’s another Modern Market Eatery in the works in Kansas City’s Power & Light district.
- Thrive Restaurant Group, the Wichita-based franchisee of Modern Market Eatery, also owns Johnson County’s only HomeGrown breakfast eatery in Leawood — along with two others on the Missouri side of the Kansas City metro area.